Sunday, July 13, 2008

Race For Life

I was sooooooo tired this morning! We didn't get to bed until 2.30am and my race was in Stockport at 11.00am! Breakfast was a bit of a rush, then it was a mad dash (at 70mph!) down the motorway to get to my race.

I almost didn't take part - the race marshals kept trying to make me stand with the spectators, even though I was wearing my race number! This was probably because I was the last racer to arrive (10.58am!) and so had to leg it through the park where the event was being held to the start. Being the last there I had to go to the back of the mass of racers and finally got through the start line at 0.07.46.

The race went quite well, I had to make several dodgy overtakes to move up the ranks of the slow walkers to get to the average walkers, then to the walker/joggers. I knew by the first 1km marker that I had no chance of getting round in less than 40 minutes, but for a lot of people there this race is not about how long it takes, it's about the cause.

I finally made it through the finish line at 1.02.24, giving me a total time of 0.54.42.

Marathon Photos were there, so when the pictures are available, I will post them so you can see what 2 nights on the beer and a race look like!

After the race I rang man to come get me and had to walk another 3.5km to get to where he was picking me up from!

Let's just say, it's now 4pm and I'm going for a lie down!

Night, night!


p.s. Thanks to MizFit for my first ever comment. Sorry I didn't see it till today, but my email alert thingie is a bit screwey at the moment!

No comments: